Monday 4 March 2013

Rough edit complete!

Friday March 1st was the deadline for our rough edit. This meant I had to finish the retakes of shots that did not go so well the first time and then collect a draft of our soundtrack which we recorded at the start of the week. Some of the shots that had to be re done consisted of the pan of the room (where I used the rubber band trick to make it smooth and steady), the shot of the door, and finally shots of the various posters that were used as homage of iconic femme fatale films.
I then uploaded everything back onto the computer and imported it into Final Cut, so I could incorporate it in my draft. I found the draft editing process insightful as it made me fully understand how long it takes to edit roughly 2 minutes of footage!
However, I had some difficulties with my titles as one of them kept appearing minute on the video but regular size when not on Final Cut. Therefore I had to go back on to Live Type, which is the program I used to create my title sequence, and make it larger. I then decided to increase the size of all my titles, as well as change the time span they appeared on screen for.
After about 45 minutes of frustrating titles, I then imported the new ones into Final Cut and replaced the old ones in my sequence.
Finally, I inserted the soundtrack we made and the Foley sound of the hanger swinging to give myself a rough idea of what the opening looked like with the soundtrack included.

I now have to focus all my attention on learning how to make the footage black and white, with the key colours enhanced. I look forward to completing my final edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment